Enterprise level data storage has evolved dramatically in 2015. The emergence of data-hungry applications is driving the demand for ease of data warehousing, access, sharing and collaboration. Enterprises heavy on transaction processing or those analysing seismic data have been conventionally guilty of consuming massive data. With organisations becoming more Big Data conscious, Analytics surfacing as a must–have, and re-evaluating enterprise workloads becoming a necessity, terabytes are overwhelming businesses. This trend is clearly visible with e-commerce businesses and larger enterprises consistently purchasing additional data storage just to keep their data network afloat.
However, this means compromising scalability where organisations continue to negotiate with storage vendors. Contemporary enterprise trends indicate universal demand for versatile data center infrastructures that are more heterogeneous—a demand that can be met by virtualized data centers, i.e. a CLOUD-based IT infrastructure.
Definite Indicators that the Cloud should be Handling Your Data Storage:
- Storage administrators complaining about increasing latency
- Dipping levels of IOPS
- Storage management software unable to meet rising data storage demands
- Data warehousing sans industry-best data protection, security and recovery standards
- Complex storage architecture sucking IT resources
- Problem in deploying new data storage solutions
- Storage solutions where return on investment cannot be quantified
Irrefutable Cloud Enterprise Data Storage Advantages
Trying to make conventional enterprise data centers more efficient is not a cost-efficient proposition. Cloud-based investments yield faster returns. Taking data to the cloud presents a more cohesive strategy—data storage can be personalized without owning or setting-up the IT for it. Tech-savvy organisations are not depending entirely on the Cloud for data storage, i.e. they are using privately established protocols for managing data on the cloud. This strategic approach has catapulted data-heavy cloud infrastructure as the most trending option.
What You Might Not Know About Cloud-based Data Infrastructure Benefits
Getting your data on the cloud is less about technical advances and more about creating “unified” storage architecture. Businesses who made the Cloud transition with an open mind have mined more than anticipated benefits. This means deploying research and development activities on the cloud as collaboration becomes easier. You can acquire business intelligence at a faster rate when data acquisition and uploading is more agile. This drives internal, skill development programs and customer service capabilities.
With the Data-on-Cloud approach:
- Acquiring, integrating, accelerating end-to-end data solutions is easier
- Migrating data from storage-heavy network to server-level cache becomes less time consuming
- Long-term vision for a unified data platform becomes more realisable
- You get tighter storage integration that transcends conventional IT infrastructural challenges
- Less dependency on patchwork designs that are cumbersome to manage/scale
This transition is already underway as decision-makers are realising the ease of manageability and scalability with their data on the cloud. We expect this trend to aggressively accelerate as 2016 sets in…If you are contemplating moving your data center to the Cloud, get a FREE evaluation by contacting us!