Mac/Entourage users running Microsoft Exchange Online experience frequent problems with deployment, synchronization and common feature utilization.
Users may not be utilizing the most recent version of Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition.
With Microsoft latest product updates, users experience a tighter connection between Entourage and Microsoft Exchange Server and greater parity between Entourage and Outlook with Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition.
Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services instead of WebDAV providing Mac users a better Exchange experience. Exchange Web Services is a modern protocol that enables client applications like Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition to communicate more quickly and reliably with the server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with Update Rollup 4 or later.
This rebuilt version of Entourage 2008 not only offers performance and reliability improvements to e-mail and calendaring but new syncing of tasks, notes and categories, and Autodiscovery.
Some of the items this could fix would be:
- Enhanced Autodiscover service to easily configure account and automatically keep settings up to date.
- Synchronization between Exchange Server and Entourage 2008 Notes, Tasks, and Categories.
- Addition of an Enable Logging (troubleshooting) preference, to log all events that can be used as diagnostic information.
- Built-in logging with extensive reporting of diagnostic information.
- Use of attachments in Entourage for Exchange calendar events.
- Resolve names when composing mail and invites while outside of work without requiring VPN and LDAP.
Verify that you have Web Service Edition installed.
After installing Web Services Edition (or after verifying that it is already installed), re-configure your applications using the Single Sign On application.
- Open the Single Sign On application
- Sign in to your account
- Open the "Options" menu and select "Re-configure applications"
TechNote Published By: INFINIT Consulting
*INFINIT TechNotes are provided solely for recommendation purposes and may not resolve each unique case. INFINIT Consulting will not be held liable for any issues arising from implementing the recommendations provided in this documentation.